Friday, September 09, 2005

 

Veritanerians or Veritarians?

I recently encountered a new word, produced by permutation of letters of veterinarian: veritanerian. It seems like a nice word, albeit a bit long, and could be given a plausible etymological pedigree:
Veritarian, on the other hand, would seem to have greater semiotic legitimacy.



Oh well, veritarian doesn't seem to be registered in (online) dictionaries, either, so I hereby stake my claim. This word is my IP! If anybody wants to use my word, they should ask me first. A single word, five syllables but a single word, for believers in --and advocates of-- truth.

Surely this must have a use, there must be such people, mustn't there?

Comments:
Someone used in on "Quora" and I think it's a great word we need more like it.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?