Saturday, March 11, 2006

 

Rothenburg ob der Tauber

Quiet Saturday morning, this morning: the two webcams of the Marktplatz in Rothenburg show empty streets. Temperature 1.5°C and rainy at 9:25, in March; not yet high tourist season. Nevertheless, I would have expected more than four vendors and a couple of shoppers in a town of 12 000...a few more have come and gone, this is a real live updating web cam!

The big days are apparently the first weekend in September, Meistertrunk, and the second weekend in September, Reichsstadt-Festtage. I visited in June, 1995, but the only photos I find were taken by a friend: Steve, if you object to my displaying your IP on my blog, please let me know.
Marktplatz from above

Marktplatz

St. Jakobs Kirche





Tags: ! !

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?