Monday, July 23, 2007

 

Superfrenchie's pal Véronique reads the Independent

I can't believe I missed this subject entirely. I read the Independent, but not as thoroughly as I should, evidently (and maybe not every day). The Independent is exceptional on the environment, and I try not to miss Lichfield on France (especially) and Europe, he's better on French politics than most any French journalist. This piece is a little different. You might want to read the Guardian's piece on "Richistan" first, though, as I did.

Fortunately, I also have SuperFrenchie's RSS feed on Netvibes and the "Cruising with the neocons" title caught my attention. "Love Boat" meets "The Shining"? I don't know, Johann Hari on this cruise is better behaved than Hunter Thompson at the police convention in ("Fear and Loathing in") Las Vegas but the net result is quite spooky.







Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

Powered by ScribeFire.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?