Thursday, December 25, 2008

 

Recyclable: how?


Not to brag, but I am pretty conscientious about recycling (and pretty poor at discarding, but that's another matter) and systematically look for products that are produced using recycled materials. High among those are paper products such as paper towels and toilet paper.

Well, the other day I needed to buy toilet paper; in the first store (a hypermarket) I spotted a pack of ecological rolls made with 100% recycled fibers and only realized later that I had been hasty: they were rolls of paper towels. I didn't want to drive back just for that, so I sought toilet paper in a store within walking distance. I found what at first glance seemed to be just what I was looking for. Spot the error?



It is labelled in French, but trust me, "papier toilette" is French for "toilet paper" and "recyclable" does mean "recyclable" -- not "recycled." Unfortunately, the pack does not provide instructions for use, much less for how to recycle after use.

Tags: , , :

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?